Happiness is to be found when in pursuit of it, in the soothed expectation, on the way, not only upon the arrival. Accepting detours, just going the way, which is anyhow not this obvious to anyone.
Thomas Bettinelli



Happiness is just a hairflip away.
Chris Crocker

A NEW CLIP EVERY WEEK HERE

"The way the system works now, you see the clothes, within an hour or so they're online, the world sees them. They don't get to a store for six months. The next week, young celebrity girls are wearing them on red carpets. They're in every magazine. The customer is bored with those clothes by the time they get to the store. They're overexposed, you're tired of them, they've lost their freshness".
Tom Ford
















10.04.2016

Marcelo Burlon County of Milan

"Can I clean my tears ?" counts as my favorite-ever introduction line from a newly met designer. Marcelo Burlon had just finished a preshow prayer huddle with his crew and had to step out. Once back, he dropped his précis : "Tonight is about three years of my brand. And it’s not just a brand; it’s a lifestyle. I’m a DJ -I’ve been working for all the designers for so long as a designer, event promoter. And then, suddenly, I decided to promote myself and launch this brand, and it was a big success. Thanks also to the social media and all the revolution there was at the time. Today it is a shamanic celebration, a ceremony that I am doing myself on the runway. I’m thanking all the gods". Fast-forward to showtime, and Marcelo Burlon stepped up -once his friends had swung incense down the runway- and summoned the spirits shamanically, shaking a seed stick. A fantastic casting of models, both genders and all ages, followed, beginning with Juo Paolo -that’s how he spelled it out- "from Amazonia" as Marcelo Burlon put it. The models wore an orange-strafed-on-monochrome wardrobe of modern lifestyle sedition that featured psychedelic swirls to emphasize the organic hallucinogenic theme, underlaid by the label's recurring Patagonian imagery. As a Buddhist into shamanism, Marcelo Burlon is obviously not a man bound by established boundaries of behavior, and no matter, because his genuine warmth and a talent for mustering disparate souls with a common shard of adventurousness is the thing. These were clothes for a tribe, worn by it.

I'm reading: Marcelo Burlon County of MilanTweet this!