Happiness is to be found when in pursuit of it, in the soothed expectation, on the way, not only upon the arrival. Accepting detours, just going the way, which is anyhow not this obvious to anyone.
Thomas Bettinelli

Happiness is just a hairflip away.
Chris Crocker


"The way the system works now, you see the clothes, within an hour or so they're online, the world sees them. They don't get to a store for six months. The next week, young celebrity girls are wearing them on red carpets. They're in every magazine. The customer is bored with those clothes by the time they get to the store. They're overexposed, you're tired of them, they've lost their freshness".
Tom Ford


Joe Swaggerty -interview

Lestat : Who are you ?
Joe : My name is Joe Swaggerty, I'm 26 years old, and I grew up in Hanover, South Central Pennsylvania. I live in Jersey City, NJ now but my work is in New York City. I graduated from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in May 2014.
Lestat : How did you start your acting career ?
Joe : I went to school for Fine Arts with a concentration in painting, but my senior year I had a revelation that I was very unhappy in the field. It had become a chore, and with a few exceptions, I didn't really enjoy the art community either. A few of my friends were in theater, and with their nagging and pushing, I went out for my first show, and got a lead role. After that show, something clicked, and I knew I wanted to keep acting. They call that "the bug" apparently. I then went from show to show to show, until I decided to pursue it professionally.
Lestat : What’s a working day like ?
Joe : A working day varies. Acting is my main priority, so I'm sometimes running all over the city going to castings/auditions, or I'll spend twelve hours on set for a TV show, feature, short film, etc... But when I'm not doing that I'm going to the gym, or catering events for some extra cash.
Lestat : Who / what inspires you most ?
Joe : My parents are my biggest inspiration. They are the coolest people I know; my dad never let anyone put his dreams down, and he achieved them by playing professional baseball. He's also hilarious. My mom is the most wonderful, happy, optimistic person alive, and nothing gets her down. As for actors that have inspired me, I'd probably have to say Harrison Ford, because he had a really late start acting (like myself) and is extremely successful now. He's proof that its never too late to start (plus he's freaking Han Solo). But when I "grow up" I wanna be Chris Pratt.
Lestat : You act, you sing, what else are you passionate about ?
Joe : I'm passionate about people. I love talking to people, making friends, telling stories, and having new experiences. In a place like NYC there's a plethora of people from all over the place, and I love learning new things and insights from a myriad of points of view. And "Star Wars". I'm also passionate about "Star Wars".
Lestat : Which experience are you most proud of ?
Joe : I think I'm most proud of the production of "Hairspray" last summer. It was difficult because it was the first really dance-heavy show I'd ever done, and I had absolutely no dance training prior to that. We put the show together entirely in only four weeks as well, which was also a challenge.
Lestat : What about modeling ?
Joe : Modeling is fun, but sometimes tough. I'm still getting the hang of it, and I learn something new with each shoot. It's really amazing how huge of a difference tiny adjustments can make in the shots, like moving your chin down, tilting your head fifteen degrees towards the light, or dropping one shoulder. I started because I needed head-shots for the acting, and my agent Ryan Colby just happens to know all of the fashion photographers in the greater New York City area. It's not something I want to seriously pursue, but knowing how to look good in front of a camera will prove to be invaluable for screen acting. As far as jobs go, I think my favorite shoots were with Isaac Danna and Travis Chantar.
Lestat : What are your projects ?
Joe : I'm not currently working on anything, just waiting for the next opportunity. I've been auditioning and submitting for a lot of film and TV, so I'm hoping to have something fun soon.
Lestat : Is love important to you ?
Joe : I think Love is the most important thing in life. Love yourself and love everyone.
Lestat : What do you wear to bed ?
Joe : I sleep in boxers or basketball shorts usually. Other times it's the skin of my slain enemies... I mean... what ?
Lestat : Wow, impressive ! Do you spend much time on the Internet ?
Joe : I do my fair share of surfing the web and social media. My favorite site to browse is Imgur.com.
Lestat : Answer the question you’d like to be asked.
Joe : It would be "What is number one on your bucket list ?" and my answer : To see a Great White Shark in the wild (from the safety of an anti-shark cage). They've been my favorite animal since I was four years old and I would be as giddy as a little kid if I ever had that opportunity.
Lestat : Impressive again ! Thank you Joe for this nice interview !
Credits : Travis Chantar

I'm reading: Joe Swaggerty -interviewTweet this!