Happiness is to be found when in pursuit of it, in the soothed expectation, on the way, not only upon the arrival. Accepting detours, just going the way, which is anyhow not this obvious to anyone.
Thomas Bettinelli

Happiness is just a hairflip away.
Chris Crocker


"The way the system works now, you see the clothes, within an hour or so they're online, the world sees them. They don't get to a store for six months. The next week, young celebrity girls are wearing them on red carpets. They're in every magazine. The customer is bored with those clothes by the time they get to the store. They're overexposed, you're tired of them, they've lost their freshness".
Tom Ford


Baby Alpaca - “Will I ever see you again ?”

"When I write, I think of how music affects someone’s soul and calms them down", says Chris Kittrell aka Baby Alpaca, whose ethereal melodies are as soft and fuzzy as his namesake. "So much music can seem bombastic and out of touch. I appreciate music that’s really there with you, downplayed and organic". He grew up in a musical family in Ohio, and traded a college psychology track for autoharp and poetry classes. Before finding mentors in Christopher Owens (formerly of the band Girls) and JD Samson (who signed him to her label, Atlas Chair), he spent years making demos and barely staying solvent in New York City, crashing on pals’ couches. The plus side : "One of the great things about making music is that you’re a constant traveler", he says. And constantly in search of new perspective. He also studied acting at the Lee Strasberg Institute before interning with Marc Jacobs on one of the designer’s first womenswear collections. "It was cool to see someone so creatively vibrant and selfexpressive through art", he recalls. "It made me say, 'I can’t do this working-for-other-people thing' ". Now, in addition to promoting the release of his début album, "Under water", Chris Kittrell dabbles in graphic design, directs videos, and oversees his own hand-painted knitwear line, Beautiful Dreamers x Baby Alpaca, which was featured in The New York Times. "I basically do it all constantly", says the artist, who now splits his time between the east and west coasts. "Videos, fashion, and design are things I do with my friends, so they’re my social outlet". And his music ? "That’s my alone time". According to singer, his new song, "Will I ever see you again ?", is meant to help "people when they are missing someone —a friend, a lover, a relative lost. That they will always be together, even if only in memories". Featuring guitarist (and co-conspirator) Benjamin Staker, the acoustic music video was directed by Jacob Brown for American fash mag Vogue.

I'm reading: Baby Alpaca - “Will I ever see you again ?”Tweet this!