Happiness is to be found when in pursuit of it, in the soothed expectation, on the way, not only upon the arrival. Accepting detours, just going the way, which is anyhow not this obvious to anyone.
Thomas Bettinelli



Happiness is just a hairflip away.
Chris Crocker

A NEW CLIP EVERY WEEK HERE

"The way the system works now, you see the clothes, within an hour or so they're online, the world sees them. They don't get to a store for six months. The next week, young celebrity girls are wearing them on red carpets. They're in every magazine. The customer is bored with those clothes by the time they get to the store. They're overexposed, you're tired of them, they've lost their freshness".
Tom Ford
















3.16.2013

Model : Lorenzo Pozzan (part 2)
Interview

Lestat : Who is Lorenzo Pozzan ?
Lorenzo : I'm a complete mix as to where I come from... My father is Italian, and my mother French, naturalized American. I am 24, and currently live in New York City, where I moved after graduating. Born in Venice, Italy, my first year and a half of life was spent moving around (in prediction of the future ?), Venice, to New York, to Rome, back to New York, then to Venice again. At age one and a half, my younger sister was born (only sibling), and the family settled in Rome, where we went to school. After graduating from Italian highschool, which counts an extra year of studies, I moved to Padua, alone, to go to college. I lived there for four years, getting a bachelor degree in environmental bio chemistry and studying theater, my passion, in the evenings. Having managed to graduate three months before I thought I would, I spent these months in Rome and Milan, taking acting classes, traveling around the area (Northern Italy and central Europe), and working to save up to pursue my dream of living and working in New York City. I did some modeling, but having to attend classes in Padua (which isn't very close enough to Milan) made it impossible to be consistent. I also helped out at a gym, and worked in a sports nutrition store, using my knowledge of biology and chemistry to understand, apply and promote healthy sports, nutrition and lifestyle in general.
Lestat : How do you feel about modeling ?
Lorenzo : Though modeling is surrounded with controversies, I think it really depends on how one goes about it, and I can only answer with my own personal experience. I never was a full-time model in Italy, because I was studying, so this experience in New York with Colby Models is my first real one, because my other activities do not interfear, as I manage my own time. So, what modeling does for me is it can help meet interesting and inspiring people, push me to raise my personal health and fitness standards, and potentially allow me to express parts of myself through my poses. What some people may rightfully feel as pressure, the need to always be in shape, I sincerely translate into minor daily habits that help me stay healthy, fit, cordial, professional and presentable at all times. What I most like is the spreading of the awareness that the uniqueness of a single human being can be important.
Lestat : What’s a working day like ?
Lorenzo : A working day may consist of any/all the following : cool int'l jobs, traveling, photo shoots, fashion shows, but also castings, running errands, meeting clients, relating/talking/getting advice from my agent Ryan Colby, or even just waiting/working to make extra money. More personally, I also write for a magazine and act, therefore, I juggle all these occupations !
Lestat : Who / what inspires you most in life in general ?
Lorenzo : I have a great love for friendship, family, art, culture, human interaction, good food, quality time, and the simple things in life. I am greatly inspired by how deeply these things affect our lives. I also greatly admire people living their dreams, the courage it takes.
Lestat : What's your best experience so far ?
Lorenzo : I am rather new to New York, and very new to the modeling scene here. One of my favorite assignments has been shooting the Brian Oldman campaign in Naples, Italy and video on the same day as I presented the Replay Footwear collection in the countryside North of Bologna, Italy. I traveled from Rome to Naples, shot the campaign, and then had to ride on a scooter through the crazy Naples traffic because I was late for my plane to Venice, where a car was waiting to drive me to Bologna for the evening show, and party. I made it. Crazy hectic day ! However, something tells me that not long after this interview is published, I may have to answer this question again... work in progress !
Lestat : What are your assets ?
Lorenzo : Languages have turned out to be very useful, I am fluent in Italian, English and French, with good knowledge of Spanish and Latin. My academic curriculum and determination are boons too. But what has by far brought me the most in my life so far is my curiosity and constant desire to learn new things, without ever feeling like an accomplishment could or should slow those down.
Lestat : What would be the perfect next assignment like ?
Lorenzo : I have a couple of ideas in mind, but will let the future talk. What I will say is that I love to travel to new places, love warm weather, the beach, the sun, and creative people. If my next assignment could combine those elements, that would be amazing !
Lestat : Any projects ?
Lorenzo : The next step is the one I am taking, to continue studying drama, getting work, and possibly apply for an American masters degree in the field of theater/film acting/producing/directing.
Lestat : Is love important to you ?
Lorenzo : I think love is a fundamental part of life. Whether it be expressed towards a partner, friend, sibling or relative, it is a form of elevated channel of communication with another individual.
Lestat : Beautifully put ! Now my blonde question : what do you wear to bed ?
Lorenzo : Depends on the season ! Anything from a pair of undies to a long-sleeved tee and long-johns if it's really cold !
Lestat : Do you spend much time on the Internet ?
Lorenzo : The Internet is a fantastic professional and social tool. Many of my friends are in Europe, so the Internet is a great way to keep in touch. Including my phone, I spend a fair amount of time online, otherwise not much... Anyhow, I always carry a book or script with me, so in the rare moments I have nothing to do, I can sit and read or memorize lines.
Lestat : Thanks for this casual conversation and congrats on your performance in Aeschylus' "Prometheus bound" at Casa Italiana Zerilli-Marimò in New York City this week !

I'm reading: Model : Lorenzo Pozzan (part 2)
Interview
Tweet this!